Open Enrollment for the 2018-19 school year has been Extended.
Enrollment now runs through Dec. 15th, 2017
River School Lottery will be held on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 @ 5:30 pm in Evans Hall.
Consider River School if you are looking for…..
- A middle school for 6th through 8th graders which focuses on Project Based Learning (PBL)
in a tech rich environment
- A program that cultivates Respect, Responsibility, Resourcefulness, and Responsiveness
- A small school where students feel safe and happy
- An opportunity to empower students’ inner confidence to tackle the challenges of the future
- A proven track record, award winner, and the highest overall scored middle school in Napa
We invite you and your child to an upcoming Information Session to hear more about
our unique program on one of the following dates:
River School Small Gym
6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
November 2nd and 13th, 2017
(Print Flyer here…)
The purpose of River School is: To educate sixth, seventh, and eighth grade students to be responsible, respectful self-motivated learners who make positive contributions to their communities. We will accomplish this with the collaboration of teachers, parents and students who provide a nurturing learning environment that emphasizes academic competence, creative expression, and personal and social responsibility while modeling the values we want our students to learn.
Mission Goals: In order to accomplish this purpose, the collaborative community of students, parents, and staff intend to develop students who are:
- Responsible Willing to see oneself as cause, instead of victim Take responsibility for their choices in actions and in academics Become self-motivated, competent, life-long learners
- Respectful Respect the diversity of opinions by examining issues from multiple perspectives Value the uniqueness and contribution of each individual Work collaboratively with peers and teachers
- Resourceful Demonstrate proficiency in the core academic subjects Solve problems independently, collaboratively, and creatively Communicate written and spoken ideas clearly and effectively
- Responsive Listen and respond to others with compassion Make choices from an understanding that the world is interdependent and interconnected